Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Aych-Ee-Double-Hockey-Sticks

It is SO hot. And humid. It was like that yesterday, too. I rode tempo to Rahway, we got there way early. I dropped my bottle of Cytomax. I didn't finish. SO hot. And humid.

No riding today because it is hot as hell.

Without a training ride to do, I feel like I have so much time to do things that I otherwise can't do. Like grocery shopping. Or watching a movie. Or putting away my folded laundry and ironing my shirts (too hot for that, though). How much of this have I gotten done in the hour and a half I've been home? Yeah, none.

I've decided that one win in a season doesn't cut it so unless I've specifically decided or been told to work for someone else, I'm going to stop treating non-priority races like I treat Rahway. That is to say, I won't be doing much Jenksster-style attack-all-the-time-just-to-see-the-looks-of-pain-on-everyone-else's-face kind of racing. Yeah, that kind. I think one of these races (4th of July?), I will sit in the WHOLE race and see how much easier that makes the sprint.

No comments: