Friday, May 18, 2007

Politically Un-Correct

I don't like fatties.

Every morning, I eat a bagel and cream cheese with a glass of orange juice for breakfast. I ran out of orange juice and forget to go to the store to get more. So this morning I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on my way to work to get a cinnamon raisin bagel, toasted, with cream cheese and an orange juice.

After I ordered, the very large gentleman behind me placed his order:

A large coffee with two sugars and two creams.
Two everything bagels, toasted, with cream cheese.
A chocolate glazed.
A Boston cream.

You could give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest he was buying for his coworkers, too. Or maybe that was his breakfast and lunch (though, if that's the case . . . ewww!). I considered it unlikely. His order could have nearly fed me for the entire day. The obesity epidemic in the USA (and, increasingly, the rest of the Western world) is alarming and, frankly, pisses me off. Americans' inability to maintain their health results in overcrowding of clinics, overworking of staff, increasing insurance premiums, etc. and that all ends up costing ME money.

As these fat jackasses rumble past us on the road in their ExcessUVs, honking, yelling, making obscene gestures, I bet they little realize their plight. I suppose maybe deep down, they're jealous that we have the motivation to ride. Or maybe not.

Yep, I'm an asshole. So sue me.

P.S. Mark has an interesting post about body weight and body image. He's one insightful guy.

No comments: