Friday, January 19, 2007

The Comeback Tour

Video Killed the Radio Star in the style of The Buggles made a comeback tonight. As difficult as it was to top the last performance before I put it into retirement, I think I accomplished my goal. What the ad lib at the end may have lacked, the rest of the performance more than made up for in style, energy and sex appeal. Nothing says "I can rock this song harder than you can ever imagine" like going into a falsetto "You are . . . the radio star . . . " while lying spread-eagled on a beer-soaked barroom floor.

So yes, folks, I'm back. And I'm bigger than ever. Tonight's karaoke comeback is only a taste of things to come: attacking, initiating the winning break and 1500 Watt sprints can be the only logical conclusion to tonight.

I bet you were wondering how I was going to relate karaoke to cycling. Believe me, I'm as dumbfounded as you are. This post is deserving of a solid tag.

No comments: