Saturday, February 10, 2007

Windfall Profits

Yesterday before going to The Harvest Moon to celebrate one AngryVegan's successful completion of the much-anticipated and always-feared Graduate Oral Examination, I viewed my checking account balance at the ATM. (Sidebar: now that Mark's proficiency in English is fully recognized and certified, I'm sure he'll have some authoritative-sounding comment to make regarding the construction of the previous sentence). Much to my chagrin, my account balance was a wee bit lighter than I had expected. I crossed my fingers and hoped that only meant that my rent check cleared and not that I had been out excessively galivanting despite my best attempts at being anti-social of late. The good news is that my rent check did, in fact, clear.

The even better news is that, upon checking my account online today, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my 20% "true-up" portion of my 2006 bonus had been deposited. Better still is that it completely covers this month's car payment (with about $1.20 left over). Oh joyous rapture, that means I can now expedite my plans for tackling my aforementioned list.

In related news, it looks like at least the first half of next week will play out depressingly similar to the past two weeks at work. Despite my best efforts to the contrary, it looks like I may not be able to pull off being a mediocre, average worker after all.

1 comment:

Hardtail For Life said...

Windfall profits, WOOHOO! I don't think you could have pulled that off without help from your cycling/drinking teammates. Doesn't team protocol state that you must share some of that bonus (like when you win the Tour with our help). When I strike it rich, you know you can expect a fleet of bikes coming your way.