Thursday, February 1, 2007

Kara-no-ke

Tonight will be the first time I skip a karaoke night in months. It almost feels like skipping a day of training, except with more guilt (my teammates are depending on me at karaoke?). However, I made this decision days ago.

1. Work this week has been brutally long and hard. I think I had already put 40 hours in by around lunchtime today. It has been pretty much non-stop, too, and any slow moments were filled with playing catch-up in my notebook.

2. Related to 1., I am exhausted. Last Thursday I was up until 3, then Friday I was up until 7. Each day this week I've gotten up at 6:30 (about an hour early for Winter) to watch the Tour of Qatar (a.k.a. Tom Boonen's Playground). I planned to sit back and actually relax after work today but decided instead to do laundry/sort mail/pay bills/clean the apartment. So I need a break.

3. Related to 2., if I want to get up at 6:30 again tomorrow, I need to get in bed by 10 tonight. This precludes karaoke. My apologies to those on the edge of their seats, hoping for the radio star to be killed again by pictures or watch me feeling fine as the world (as we know it) ends.

I can abuse myself with the bike or I can abuse myself with the bottle. I cannot do both. Good night and good luck.

4 comments:

ntw said...

we missed you!

But, young Jedi, a wise choice you made.

Don said...

you wouldn't have enjoyed last night anyway. too many cute girls.

zinger!

Hardtail For Life said...

Yeah, but all those girls were in Med school. I don't think Jenks is the kind of guys that wants a sugar momma.

Don said...

yeah, you're right. who needs smart, attractive, successful women? bring on the floozies!