Thursday, March 29, 2007

Busy

A lot of stuff going on since last Friday has kept me from posting. Here's a recap:

Saturday- Strasburg RR. 39 miles over a rolling 5.5 mile circuit. The pace was easy for the first 10 miles (I spent the first 2 of those miles solo off the front just to try to warm myself up). Then it got hard--really hard. I hung on, though. With about 10 miles to go, I saw a pretty serious solo break attempt with about 20 seconds advantage and decided to move to the front. Once there, a 2-man chase had gone with about 5 seconds on the field. I attempted to bridge, got within about two bike-lengths and blew to shreds. At that point I was right near the start/finish and decided not to finish the last circuit. I drove back to the HP and quickly unpacked, showered and got pretty so I could hop the train into NYC to meet two of my best friends for dinner and after-dinner. My best friend Matty came back with me on the last train out (so technically, this should fall under 'Sunday').

Sunday- We realized Matty had left all his bathroom/toiletries stuff in NYC so we drove back in to get it (cheaper than the train). That took up about half the day and resulted in me not riding. Boo.

Monday- Work turned out OK, and the Monday night recovery ride turned out fun, fun, fun. Matty and I went to dinner at Makeda and his company paid for it. Ethiopian is soooo good.

Tuesday- Work again turned out OK. DTTH on the Watermelon Crit course was fun, again. This time a bunch of folks showed up, maybe 15 or so. In the end, Will took the win by about 5cm. No excuses, play like a champion! Dinner at Seven Hills in the HP, again courtesy of Matty's company.

Wednesday- Woke up not feeling so hot and work made it worse. Took some Naproxen around 3:30PM, went to get my car down in Princeton (it's fast now!) and did some excellent training with Craig.

Thursday (today)- Work was most excellent today. In the 8.5 hours I was there, I think I honestly did about 7.5 solid hours of work (0.5 hours for lunch, 0.5 hours for reading Cyclingnews and Slashdot--nerd alert!) and felt fantastic the whole day. Rest days are quite nice and I'm looking forward to my second consecutive night of 9+ hours of sleep so I can not only tear people's legs off on Sunday at Pinecone, but also beat them with their own legs, too. Also, today I'm going to give my bike some non-riding love. She has been crying out (quite audibly) for some chain grease and other such things. This is one date I intend to keep.

Unfortunately, as I've said before, I can abuse myself with the bike or I can abuse myself with the bottle. I cannot do both. So until next Thursday, the bike it is!

Much love to all my blogfabulous fans, though you number in the billions, know that you are special to me, each and every one (Especially Mandy Lozano).

No comments: